Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Try!

This is my first try at blogging.  I'm trying to think of ways to stay in touch with everyone.  I love my new home in FL, but I miss talking with my old friends.  Maybe blogging will help.

Right now we're about 19 weeks pregnant.  We've nicknamed the baby "BO."  Nathan is working full time at the college and my 13 sixth graders keep me busy during the day.  We love our life though!

Last Friday was Grandparent's Day at my school.  All the elementary classes did a short presentation for the grandparents, and then the grandparents were able to spend the morning in classes.  The lunch staff did a wonderful job on a special buffet meal for our guests, and many of our students were dismissed early to spend quality time with their grandparents in the afternoon.  I was so proud of my sixth graders.  They did such a GOOD job with their presentation.  We chose a patriotic theme for our presentation (since Presidents Day is coming up), and they did 2 choral reading pieces.  One was on the American Pledge, and one was on the Christian Pledge.  This was the first time many of them had solo speaking lines in public and they did great!  Ten of my 13 students were dismissed by lunch, so I hung out with three of my boys all afternoon.  We spent time with the first graders playing games.  Fun times!  :)

Grandparents Day also kicked off our Book Fair at school.  It's running all this week and ends tomorrow.  It's  fun to see my students looking at all the items.  I've never seen so many creative erasers and pencil sharpeners as I have at the Book Fair!  :)

Well, I have so much more I could share, but Baby BO needs to get his/her beauty sleep.  Hopefully I'll have more time this weekend to write more about the baby.  We have another checkup on Tuesday and gender ID ultrasound the first week in March!  I'm excited.

Dory (and Nathan and baby BO)

1 comment:

  1. Dory, so glad you have a blog! When I was in elementary, my school celebrated Grandparents' Day--we loved it! :) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete