A couple of Fridays ago I started feeling pretty sick while at school. I took it easy that night, and by Saturday night, all symptoms were gone (or so I thought). They came back in full force Tuesday morning. I tried to go to school, but didn't make it past 10:00 before heading home.
After two days of a high fever (103+), vomiting, and dehydration, the doctor said that I had a serious kidney infection. He also told me, that at 5+ months pregnant, I had lost 10 lbs that week. I'm very thankful that Nathan and I have a conservative doctor, because instead of sending me to the hospital, he gave me a couple scrips and some advice and told me to call him the next morning. It's been a slow recovery, but I'm feeling much better! Last night was my first night with no fever! Nathan has been so wonderful through all of this: working all day, then coming home to help me before heading out to our church's Bible Conference.
The same day I went to the doctor, I also went by my midwife. She says that the baby is healthy and kicking, just really, really hungry. :) Mommy's eating more now, so hopefully BO will start getting bigger and stronger soon too.
Praise the Lord for allowing the body to heal itself. And praise the Lord for strength and grace through illness.
Exciting news for this week: Monday is ultrasound day!! Baby girl or baby boy????
well, bless your heart, Dory! I'm so glad you are feeling better now. I have a conservative doctor, too, and am very thankful for him. Praying you continue to mend, as you do the important work of growing BO. ;)
ReplyDeleteAlesha
Thanks for the update, Dory. Thanks for taking good care of her, Nathan!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you're feeling better, Dory! I remember how scary that extreme weight loss during pregnancy can be. Can't wait to hear results from ultrasound tomorrow! Praying everything continues to go well.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful you are feeling better!! What a scary time! Congrats on the girl!!
ReplyDeleteDory, I wish I had read this earlier so I could have prayed for you. I'm so thankful you are feeling much better. BTW, I really like your blog. I've been considering beginning one again (I had one and then got rid of it, but my brother has a pretty cool one, so I was considering it).
ReplyDelete