"The Scripture clearly teaches that a wife and mother is to devote her attention to the needs of her husband, children, and home (Titus 2:4-5). But is it possible that the additional responsibility of working outside the home is keeping some women from devoting themselves to the "one thing [that] is needful" (Luke 10:42)?
There are many factors that go into a woman's deciding to have a job outside the home; but I believe Christian women must be encouraged to make that decision in light of the things that matter most in this life and for all eternity. The point is, if you cannot have a job and manage your household and find time to get to know God, then ask God to show you (and your husband) how you can be released to come back into your home so you can focus on becoming a woman who knows and walks with God."
-excerpt from A Place of Quiet Rest by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
I'd like to thank the Lord for providing this exaxt opportunity in my life right now. I can honestly say I'm closer to God right now than I've been in several years. I didn't know the above excerpt was my heart's desire, but upon reading it, I had one of those "YES!! That's it!" moments. I'd also like to thank the Lord for my husband who is willing to stretch the budget to keep me home. I realize his commitment to let me stay home with the girls doesn't come without a great deal of faith on his part. We joke with each other that no earthly financial coach would ever suggest our current situation, but we're learning that we have a heavenly financial Coach who promises to "direct our paths" and "supply [our] need." I'm humbled that God would allow me the life I live now and desire to use it for His glory. May our girls learn to "hunger and thirst after" God.


No comments:
Post a Comment