Monday was President's Day, which meant that I had the day off from school (Nathan still had to work)! I really miss the random snow days that I had last year as a teacher up north, so I decided to pretend like Monday was a snow day. I still woke up early to be with Nathan, but got right to work after he left. I was able to make three cloth diapers--they normally run $15-$20 each, but I made three with only $10 worth of materials! They are pocket diapers, so I can add as much padding as BO needs (see the opening in the front?).
![]() |
| Pocket Diaper--just use the velcro tabs to put on like disposables. |
![]() |
| Two of my three finished products |
![]() |
| BO's teddy bear modeling a diaper. :) |
We're still not decided 100% on cloth or disposable diapers, but we have decided a few things. One...disposables for the first couple weeks or so to give me a chance to recoup and get used to being a mommy without having extra laundry. Another is that we're planning on using disposable when we're out and about. I don't think we'll know for sure what we'll be using until after BO is here, but it's nice knowing what the options are.
That evening, after Nathan came home from work, we got to have our own little family night together! :) I love that man!
Nathan and I have also spent some time looking at houses for sale--we're looking for the house the Lord has for us: whether we find one now, or continue to live where we are for a while. We've been searching online as well as doing a bit of driving around in various neighborhoods. While we were driving one day we had to wait for this little guy to cross the road. :) He reminded me of all the strays Dad brought home or to school. :)
On Tuesday we took BO to the midwife to have another checkup. Everything looks good, and we have an ultrasound on March 14 to find out if BO is a boy or girl. I'm so excited!! :) I'll make sure to update the blog that night.
Every Friday, we get together with Nathan's family. He's the oldest of five, and four or the five kids still live in FL. Mom and Dad Ogden invite us over for food and fun! We normally have pizza or something like that and either watch a movie or spend time playing a game or (the girls) singing around the piano. These times have been so sweet to be a part of. This last week, Mom Ogden was reading to one of her grandkids, and it made the think of when she'll be reading to BO someday the same way.
This week for our family night, we moved everyone over to Nathan's sister and bro-in-law's house for Caleb's 4-year-old birthday, their second.
Well, that's about all we've done this week. We spent this morning calling on our bus kids and working at our church's senior citizen outreach. Besides those things, we managed to do some ordinary housework. :) Oh...and for supper tonight, I made my first calzone. It definitely has room for improvement, but still tasted yummy!
Dory (for all three of us!)






Oh, yum, calzone! :)
ReplyDeleteThe diapers look AWESOME! Yay! I love reading this blog. :)