Normally I either go yardsaleing by myself or with a friend. Today was a bit different. Nathan's in Orlando watching some NCAA action (Florida v. Pittsburgh and Louisville v. St. Louis) so...the girls got to come with me! Since my yardsaling money comes from my grocery budget, I tend to be pretty stingy with it. Today I spend $2.50 out of pocked. Here are my finds...
Hannah loves Cinderella, so I scored a neato book for her...with an interactive wand. I was also able to get a plastic photo album book for our girls to learn their long distance family members, and a cute vibrating carseat toy for Madison.
Some of my favorites from this picture are the butcher paper holder on the left--Hannah loves to write, color, and draw, so this will be perfect for her. Another fun free-find is the magnetic stand up blue board in the back. Again, I see Hannah having lots of fun with this. :) The Baby Einsteins and Yankee Candles were free too...someone was done yardsaling by the time we got there and had a bunch of stuff by the curb labeled free. :)
Here are more free fines! I'm excited about the sidewalk chalk, as well as the blue storage tub (it's full of sand toys too!). Hannah's super excited about the Hannah-sized watering can--she loves anything to do with water. :) I haven't even showed the kids the other toys. Fun outside times for us ahead! (The Buzz Lightyear is a water rocket that works with the hose.)
Perhaps the most loved find of the whole day is Hannah's tea set. She was so cute quietly playing with it while I looked at other things, I just had to ask the lady how much she wanted for it. She'd fallen in love with Hannah by that time too, and just gave it to her. The first thing Hannah did when we got home was to set it up and serve me tea. I hadn't even finished unloading the car yet! :)
It's fun to find fun things our family can use, as well as get some time outside the house. In some ways, I also see it as God's way of whispering to us that He's going to take care of us now and in the future. Now...off to clean the toys, etc. before the girls get up from their naps. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment