Wednesday, October 22, 2014

God Knows My Needs

Over the past four years of being pregnant or nursing, the Lord has graciously taught me a thing or two. The biggest has been, He knows. He knows my ups, my downs, my excitements, my disappointments. He knows all. 


He's given me a peace over the last few weeks with the reminder that He knows how my physical limitations. He knows how much sleep I'm getting. He knows how much energy I'll need for each day (and night sometimes!). He knows how much patience I'll need to lovingly guide my three babies through the day and still have some sweetness left when my dear hubby gets home. He knows how much alone time I need in my world of constantly being needed. He knows how much pain I'm in when my body stubbornly refuses to respond the way I want it too. He even knows what foods I need to eat to be able to do His will for that day. He knows all!


He has a perfect plan for each moment of my days and nights. My only response needs to be one of trust. But too often I limit Him with my worry ("How am I going to get through the next day with only 3 hours of sleep?"), with my expectations ("I need a nap today since I didn't get much sleep last night.), with my self-imposed high expectations, and then guilt when I inevitably don't reach those high expectations (I'm a bad mom and wife if I don't...fill in the blank.). However, none of these are trusting God; they all show a trust in myself and my own abilities.


In I Corinthians 10:31, God only asks one thing of me: to "do all to the glory of God."  Micah reminds me that God has "shown [me] what is good, and what the Lord requires of me." He requires that I simply "do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with [my] God." Other such encouragements are found all throughout Scripture. Am I choosing to focus on what God wants for me, or am I going to spend another day focusing on myself? He wants me to keep my eyes on Him and to remember that "He knows." My response: "Lord, You know me. I choose to trust You."


Simply trusting every day,
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whate’er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

1 comment:

  1. That was such a blessing to me. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete