Well, Nathan just left for the morning. He left me with no dishes to wash and with orders to rest and/or go shopping. I guess I could fit a blog post in there as well. :)
May has been a busy month for us. Nathan is the academic dean at our church's small Bible college and I teach sixth grade at the elementary school. The first two weeks were busy with college activity, and these last two weeks are busy with elementary activity. We've also had child birth classes, doctor appointments, and house hunting trips. These past two weeks, we've been home before 9pm a total of 2 nights (one of those nights was 8pm)...needless to say, we're both pretty tired. This coming week isn't too bad--we get to be home 2 nights in the same week!! :)
Our schedule for this week is:
Monday: 6th grade field trip (Nathan's driving the bus) (home at night!!)
Tuesday: Kindergarten graduation
Wednesday: High School graduation
Thursday: Field Day at school (home at night!!)
Friday: Last day of school; noon dismissal; staff luncheon; family night at night.
Then....Memorial Day for both of us and then about 6 weeks "rest" for me and Hannah. Ah...can't wait.
Through these busy two weeks, the Lord has impressed on my heart how much He cares for me. He gives me just enough energy for each day. He has given me a faithful husband who encourages me to stay close to God and helps out at home when I'm exhausted. I had another student tell me this week that she had gotten saved--that's the third one this year, a forth of my class! The Lord allows me to see the growth and maturity in my students recently and not the end-of-the-year misbehavior I should be seeing. Also, I've had a relatively comfortable pregnancy too. I was having a tough day physically a week ago Friday, and Nathan and my students jumped right in to help me. The Lord has given me everything I need...I couldn't be more thrilled (sort of a loopy, half-delirious, tired thrilled, but thrilled none the less) .
Well, it's off to shopping for me. I'm hunting down some last-stage maternity clothes as well as a few things for Hannah. :) We're looking at houses with our realtor at 1pm today!
Dory
awe! That's Awesome, Mrs. Ogdon! Miss u at Trinity!! Can't wait to see pics of the baby!! Love, Emma Dussault
ReplyDeleteWhere are you going on your field trip? Looking for anything specific for Hannah? When is/was your church baby shower? Thanks for the update! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you guys and Hannah! Hope we get to see her on vacation...that means have an early delivery Dory! We'll be there very soon!
ReplyDeleteWow, I get tired just reading about all your activity! :) Love you guys, and love the update.
ReplyDelete