My sister told me several weeks ago that when she was waiting for her little ones to make their appearance in the world, it reminded her of the second coming of Christ. I can't get that idea out of my mind. Here are some of the thoughts that keep coming to mind:
- I'm constantly thinking of her; how often do I think of Christ?
- I'm always willing to talk about her to anyone I meet; who have I talked to recently about Christ?
- I've read numerous books and blogs to make sure I can be the best mommy; what am I doing to become the best Christian I can?
- I'm willing to change diet, nutrition, and exercise for the health of my baby; what am I changing in my life for Christ?
- I'm willing to go through months of nausea, poor appetitie, and innumerous aches and pains for the joy of seeing a healthy baby in the end; what discomfort and I willing to go through for the cause of Christ?
- I've cleaned the house multiple times, decorated and arranged the nursery several times preperation of welcoming a new life into our family; how am I preparing for the coming of Christ?
My God is such a good and gracious God. I look forward to everything else the Lord will teach me through the life of my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment